The Span of Retention – The 1st Hemisphere of Scorpio
Water Element – Fixed
The formula is: sustaining-ideal-universal-specializing-physical-experimental.
Dr. Marc Edmund Jones provides the official meaning of this Sabian symbol in his work, The Sabian Symbols in Astrology:
Scorpio 1° A sight-seeing bus
This is a symbol of the individual spirit in its catholicity, and of the naïveté and indomitability of its interest in life as a whole. Here man is freed from all artificial boundaries of experience, and is encouraged to reach out widely and profitably in sharing his realizations with his fellows. There is an exceptional range of understanding and sympathy, and a gift for developing varying avenues of self-expression.
The Keyword is FRIENDLINESS.
When positive, the degree is a basic impersonality which capitalizes on the opportunity of the moment and helps reorder the situation whenever there is difficulty or dissatisfaction, and when negative, a genius for avoiding any and every actual expenditure of self.
Switchfoot ~ Always https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLjdzNvFiFY
Cosmic Evolution in Seven Stanzas translated from the Book of Dzyan
STANZA I I.
- Where were the builders, the luminous sons of Manvantaric dawn? . . . In the unknown darkness in their Ah-hi Paranishpanna. The producers of form from no-form — the root of the world—the Devamatri and Svabhavat, rested in the bliss of non-being.
- Where was silence? Where the ears to sense it? No, there was neither silence nor sound; naught save ceaseless eternal breath, which knows itself not.
- The hour had not yet struck; the ray had not yet flashed into the Germ; the Matripadma had not yet swollen.
- Her heart had not yet opened for the one ray to enter, thence to fall, as three into four, into the lap of Maya.
- The seven sons were not yet born from the web of light. Darkness alone was father-mother, Svabhavat; and Svabhavat was in darkness.
- These two are the Germ, and the Germ is one. The Universe was still concealed in the Divine thought and the Divine bosom. . . .
The Secret Doctrine by Helena P. Blavatsky, pg. 28
“The encircling arms of love.” Namaste ~ Saijin
Image: Unravelling the Mystery of Massive Star Birth
Welcome to more of the amazing and wondrous Sabian symbols!
I invite you to visit me on-line at SabianGeometry https://www.sabiangeometry.com/, on YouTube at Sabian Geometry https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkBCKvzC-PQl9YxTTssqdfA or on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/SabianGeometry
If you are interested in studying the Sabian symbols in their models of the Cross (4-fold, structural/masculine) and the Star (5-fold, creative/feminine), I invite you to purchase my book: On the Shoulders of Giants: Advanced Techniques in Sabian Symbology
*All of my works are based on Sabian Symbols in Astrology by Dr. Marc Edmund Jones, 1953 First Edition, The Sabian Publishing Society, New York; printed in the United States of America by the Roberts Studio Press, Arden, Delaware.
To learn more about The Sabian Assembly, the organization founded by Dr. Marc Edmund Jones on October 17, 1923, where seekers are bound by “searching for competent rather than easy answers to the problems of life”, please visit The Sabian Assembly at http://sabian.org